Friday, March 27, 2009

ON THE WAY HOME

Paul texted me at about 4 AM CST time that they had boarded from Amsterdam to return back to the States. I'm sure when Paul gets back to somewhat of a normal comprehension of time (LOL) he will be able to post some of his summarizing thoughts. He is to arrive in Atlanta at 2 PM CST.

Thanks to everyone who has prayed, called, texted, sowed, and made this trip possible. The kids and I were talking last night, and Addison was somewhat bothered. He said, "Mom, I am ashamed of myself." And I am thinking, "Oh, no! What has he done! LOL" But, he was saying, "Mom, I miss Daddy, but then I don't. That is bad!" Then Ashlyn jumped in and said, "You know, I have missed him, but there was something about knowing that God made this trip happen for Daddy and how He really wanted to go. It kind of made the time pass by. I knew he was doing something for God and for ministry and it made it easier to deal with." Addison quickly agreed. He said, "Yeah. That's what I mean." I knew exactly what they meant. Even though Paul wasn't here in body, there was such a strong feeling that he was here with us in spirit that it was extremely comforting. No one can tell me that God doesn't provide a sense of companionship and peace. We have experienced it first hand.

As the family at home, we have had such an outstanding sense of calm within our house. There is no way to describe it. Even though moments of overwhelming awareness---"He is in the wilderness in Kenya! What if.....What if..----came in, the Lord always washed us with a fresh peace. Although the enemy tried his best to get his "game" on at the homefront, God reestablished His Army of believers to stand in the gap and make war in the heavenlies. SOOOOO, having said all of that , from our heart to our amily, friends, HARVEST CENTER family, all who share a piece of our heart....you know who you are, wesend a resounding THANK YOU!

Blessings,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment